DIY : Paper Notepads ❤

Hi guys! Today is the second day of 2014! 2013 went by so fast ._.  Well, today I'm going to show you a tutorial on how to make your own paper notepads! :)


The good thing about making your own paper notepads is you can choose any size you like and decorate them any way you want! ^^

You'll need :


1. Plain paper (as many as you like)
I'm using 25 sheets of plain A4 paper divided into 4 parts but you can use any size you want your notepad to be. You can also use colored paper as well.

2. Scrapbook paper / decorative paper (for covers)
You can also print pictures or pattern on thick paper (about 200 grams) like I did. I got mine from here. She gives such amazing paper sets ❤

3. PVA glue / white glue 
The result is pretty much the same.

4. Binder Clips

5. Ruler

6. Cutting board & Cutter

7. Scrap paper / any paper you like (for the top of the notepads)

8. Decorations

How to make :

1. Take one piece of the plain paper. Measure it and divide it into 4 parts (or any size you want) and stack it with the rest. Clip them with binder clips and put them on top of a cutting board.


2. Cut them according to the measurement you've made earlier.


3. After you're done, decide on how thick your notepads would be. Divide the paper and stack them up (one stack for one notepad) and clip them with binder clips. Here I divide my paper into 3 stacks which one is more thick than the other.


4. Place one stack of paper onto the decorative paper and trace the sides.


5. Cut the decorative paper - this will be your cover. Make one more for the back cover.


6. Put your covers on top and on the back of your stacked paper, clip them together using binder clips and brush white / PVA glue on one side (like the picture below). Wait until fully dry.


7. After the glue dries, use scrap paper to cover the part which has the glue on and clip them together again so they stick together well.


8. Decorate your notepads! ^^
As I said before, you can decorate your notepad anyway you like.
Here is the stuff I use :
  • Glitters - I'm using Martha Stewart's Glitter Stamping Starter Set
  • Ribbons 
  • Markers 


Here is what my notepads look like ^^





On the left one, I decided to make a personalized notepad with my initial on it. The middle one is just random designing of cover. Haha. And my favorite is the right one :) I got my inspiration from Disney's new movie called Frozen. The ribbon that I use look similar to the dress pattern of the princesses in Frozen don't you think?

By the way, I love Frozen soo much. Not just because they use my name on one of the main character (Princess / Queen Elsa) haha, but the story is very nice as well. It has become one of my favorite movie ^^

Tips :

- Use as many plain paper as you like but remember they shouldn't be too thick otherwise it will be difficult to cut
- If you're unsure that you can cute the paper neatly, just go to a photocopy shop to have them cut the paper for you. (I'm not sure they have photocopy shop in other countries, but in Indonesia, especially Jakarta, we have lots of them. Hehe). You can also use paper cutting machine if you have one.
- In step 6, when you brush glue on the side of the notepads, make sure you brush the glue on the side that has the most messy cutting. It will be covered so your notepad will look more neat.
- In step 7, I suggest that you put your notepad between 2 ruler / hard carton before you clip it. This will prevent it from getting marks because of the binder clip.

That's it for my paper notepads tutorial :) This is my first tutorial on anything so sorry if there are any mistakes. And sorry for the bad grammar too. English is not my first language so I'm just trying my best. :)

If you decide to make these cute notepads, please send me pictures (paanda.beaar@gmail.com).  I would love to see them. ^^
Also please leave a comment on which of my notepads covers do you like the most :)


 Thanks for reading!

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous notepads, Elsa! I'll have to make a bunch for sure. Thanks for showing us how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome ^^ . And thank you too for the lovely paper sets, Mel :)

      Delete

Back
to top