Tasty Tale : Shirokuma Japanese Dessert Cafe [Pantai Indah Kapuk]

Although they're just opened for about one and a half month, this new dessert store had captured many customer's heart by their yummy menu and unique yet cute serving. 




Shirokuma is the name of this dessert store. Shiro means white and kuma means bear in Japanese. So it literally means white bear, and what bear has white fur? Yup, it's polar bear! But somehow the logo of the store doesn't remind me of polar bears, it looks more like a regular bear to me ._. 

My cousin was the one that suggested me to come here. So I went there with her and my mom for an afternoon snack last weekend ^^ 

It's not to difficult to find the place but you have to search thoroughly because the store's exterior is white and it doesn't stand out too much. When we arrived there, the store was full and we had to sign for the waiting list. It wasn't too long after then, we finally got our seats. I was a little disappointed because the table we got is in a really tiny corner with a door beside it so many people just passing by.

Here's for the menu we ordered :

Shaka Fries (BBQ Chicken Flavor)
IDR 23k


Well, it tasted like any other french fries, but I've got to say they really fries this well. I mean it's perfectly crunchy. The seasoning was the one that made me fell in love with this fries. Perfect BBQ taste and not to salty either. Shirokuma also have other seasoning for their fries : shio butter, nori, and chili salt.

Snow Affogato
IDR 35k


As soon as it arrives at our table, I know why it's called 'snow'. They make snow shaped cotton candy and put it on top of the soft ice cream (which you can choose from 3 : vanilla, green tea, or twist). It also came with some sort of coffee which you pour into the cotton candy before eating this dish.

Tasting Plate
IDR 32k
  

The set consisted of shiratama balls, sweet red beans, matcha cake, and soft ice cream. Well, it's yummy, just not that special. The shiratama ball were just plain. The red beans were just regular sweet red beans. The matcha cake was actually yummy. Not too sweet or bitter (because matcha flavoured food tends to be a little bitter) and it has nice texture. The ice cream was delicious. You can definitely taste the green tea. It's also very creamy and soft.

Shiratama Parfait
IDR 35k


Just a little bit different with the Tasting Plate, Shiratama Parfait has soft ice cream (again, choice of three : green tea, vanilla, and twist), corn flakes, shiratama balls, mochi, chunky red beans and matcha jelly. My mom was the one who ordered this so I didn't eat much of it. It kinda taste ordinary to me. Not 'wow' delicious, just 'regular' delicious. The jelly was good though, but the other topping just plain ordinary topping for me.



Overall, Shirokuma was a really interesting dessert store to visit. But I think for a 'dessert' store, the desserts were just to regular. The snacks like the fries and hot dog were more interesting for me. I didn't ordered the hot dog that day because I weren't too hungry then but it looked delicious though (after stealing a peek from the next table haha). Maybe I'll come back for it next time :D


Shirokuma
Address : 
Ruko Crown Golf Blok A #32
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta Utara
(021) 29237523
Social Media :
www,cafeshirokuma.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/cafe.shirokuma
Instagram : @cafe_shirokuma





That's all for now, thanks for reading! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top