Tasty Tale : I Love Taimei 我愛台妹 Central Park Mall

There's a new Taiwanese street food store in town! And it's called I Love Taimei. This 'pink' store first opened in Bugis, Singapore and now finally has opened its first branch in Indonesia on 25th December 2013. At Central Park Mall Jakarta to be exact.


As I said earlier in this post, this store is very 'pink'. Cute theme I should say. There is a wall with giant kisses marks all over it inside. But sadly I didn't take any photos of it. I almost think that this is a dessert store at the first glance.


Me and my mom went here last week. And to be  honest, I wouldn't even know this store exist if my mom hadn't bought  a voucher to eat here because the store is located in Tribeca and I rarely went there. But I'm really glad that my mom bought the voucher because the food is delicious :9 

Shan Cai Bento
IDR 32k


This bento consist of deep fried chicken [ which you can choose from 3 : Selina (BBQ Crispy Chicken), Hebe (Lemon Crispy Chicken), or Ella (Extra Crispy Chicken) ],white rice, boiled egg, and seasoned french beans.

I choose Selina for my fried chicken. And it was perfect! Love how the inside still taste juicy when the outside is perfectly crispy :9 The BBQ seasoning also doubles the yummy taste. The french beans is juicy and well seasoned also perfectly cooked. I don't usually eat french beans dishes other that the one that usually available in Chinese restaurants (You know, the one that stir fried with beef), but this one is really delicious. The boiled egg is well ... normal, I guess. 


This store offers side dishes too, and the two snacks that have caught my attention is the Tofu Fries & Sweet Potato.


Tofu Fries 
IDR 18k


I could never think that you can make fries out of tofu. But apparently I Love Taimei can. I ordered this tofu fries with BBQ flavor. Pretty standard flavor if you ask me, but I like to play safe. Haha. They also have other flavors for their fries : cheese, seaweed, spicy mexico, garlic seafood, wasabi, and curry. The fries taste crispy and yummy. And I might just think this is better than normal french fries. ^^

Sweet Potato
IDR 18k



Another fried snack. Look similar like the fries, don't you think? But this one, it's sweet! I Love Taimei 's sweet potato is really really yummy and I love it very very much. Sweet and crispy together. What more can make this snack more delicious?

Caramel Milk Tea - with Grass Jelly
IDR 20k + 3k

Caramel Milk Tea (left) | Honey Lemon (right)
I Love Taimei recommended drink is actually Super Caramel Milk. But somehow my mom wanted milk tea, so she ordered the similar one which is Caramel Milk Tea. My mom pick 'half sweet' for the sugar level (which is 50% according to the menu) yet it still taste like 'normal' on other milk tea brands. But the milk tea is still very delicious. My mom picked grass jelly for the toppings. It taste different from usual grass jelly. This one is more soft and tasted like a pudding for me. (Which is good for me because I like pudding more than grass jellies. Haha). Overall the drink is very delicious, but it kinda taste similar with other milk tea brands.

Honey Lemon
IDR 20k

Caramel Milk Tea (left) | Honey Lemon (right)
This drink is very refreshing. But a little bit too sweet for me. I didn't say anything about the sugar level when I ordered it, so I'm not sure if it is on 'extra sweet' (100%) or 'normal' (75%). But I definitely will go with 'half sweet' (50%) when I order this next time. 


That's all for now :) All I want to say is that this store is  worth a visit. The crispy chicken and the sweet potato is a MUST try! I will definitely come to I Love Taimei again. Not just because I still got one more voucher to spend here (haha), but also because I want to try their other menu such as Lemon Crispy Chicken and Green Tea La Creme. ^^ 


I Love Taimei 我愛台妹 Indonesia
Location :
Tribeca @ Central Park Mall Level UG-06
Jl. Let. Jend. S. Parman Kav. 28
Jakarta Barat 11470
Website :
Facebook :
Twitter :



Thanks for reading! See you in my next Tasty Tale ^^

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top