Tasty Tale : Detention Room PIK - Detention just got delicious!

On Wednesday, me and my friends went to this little place located in Pantai Indah Kapuk (or PIK for short) called "Detention Room". It was actually a semi-unplanned visit as we originally just wandering around at PIK searching a place to eat. Haha.


As you can guest from its name, Detention Room is a 'school themed' restaurant. I haven't visit many restaurant of that theme, but I think that this one is doing a pretty good job on its interior. 

Loving how they do with the window, those writing are awesome! ( Don't know why, but I'm a little bit proud that I understand some of them. Haha.) Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of them because my phone batteries are dying :'( [ I didn't bring my camera with me :( ]

Also lovin' the wall pictures, which are again, connected to school stuff somehow.


And here is the menu. It's cute that they use binders as their menu book. But I think it will be better if they use customize binders (for example, like a binder with their name on it).



 I wasn't very hungry then so I choose some light snacks and not main courses. My friends did the same, but one of them ordered Chicken Katsu Fettucine (IDR 40k) which was also very yummy but I don't have the photo :( .

Here is what we had :

Fish Finger
IDR 40k


A little bit pricey for fish finger. The taste is okay I guess. The outside is perfectly crispy, but I think they use a little bit too much flour so I barely tasted the fish. But it was a pretty good afternoon snack.

Fries Nation
IDR 26k


This was soooo yummy! As always, french fries never fail me. Haha. A mix of straight cut, wedges, and curly fries perfectly fried till crispy. They serve it with tomato and chili sauce. But I aksed for mayo as well. I just can't get enough of this. But one thing would make this better is .... Bangkok chili sauce ! Keep thinking of it as I munch through this delicious treat. 

And here is what I choose for my drink (which was also my favorite throughout this visit :9 )

Hot Chocolate (Milk Chocolate with Marshmallows) 
IDR 30k + 4k (for the marshmallows)


Perfect for the cool afternoon weather. Totally loves the marshmallows and how their sweetness and soft texture combine with the hot cocoa itself making it more delicious :9 But I would finish up the marshmallows as soon as the drink get to my table though, otherwise they become all mushy. Would definitely come back for this again! ^^

Overall, my afternoon was awesome! Nothing is more better than eating good food with your good friends :)

Detention Room
Address : 
Ruko Crown Golf Blok D #28
Pantai Indah Kapuk
Jakarta
(021) 91973957
Social Media :
Facebook
Twitter  [ @BeingDetained ]


Thanks for reading! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top