Essential High School Supplies

Here are a list of my version of some school supplies that you will need for high school :)


1. A Backpack


If you have like 8 to 9 subjects per day in high school like me, the perfect choice for school bag is a backpack. I think backpack is a really good choice for a school bag because it can fit many things in it and I think it's more durable than sling bag or tote bag (well, it is for me anyway ^^) especially if your school doesn't have lockers and you have to bring all your books home and back to school everyday. 

My Backpack :)

Here are some ideas for your school backpack  

2. A Pencil Case


You've got to make sure your pencil case is big enough to store all the things that you want to put in it.

Must-have things in your pencil case :

1. Pencils (regular / mechanical) - I suggest you have minimal 2 in your pencil case. If you choose mechanical pencils, don't forget to bring the leads too. And if you choose regular pencil, bring also a pencil sharpener with you.

2. Eraser - Use good eraser that can erase properly and cleanly. You can have more than 1 eraser in your pencil case but I think 1 is enough.

3. Ruler - Choose your ruler to fit your needs. Don't forget it must also fit into the pencil case. Mine is 16 cm long and it's perfect for me, not too long and not too short

4. Pens - I recommend to get more than 1 color for your pen. But make sure that your teacher is okay with it. I have black, blue, and red - one each - an it is very useful for writing notes, schedules, etc. You can also get erasable pens if you want, but again with this you must make sure that your teachers are okay with it.

5.  Highlighter(s) - You have to got highlighter for marking important things in your text books. It is more efficient than pens / markers. You can choose your favorite color for your highlighter, but it must not be to dark because you won't be able to read the text you highlight with it. Mine is yellow, not because I like yellow though, but because the color is bright and if you copy the paper, you won't get the shadow thingy on your highlighted text, so I think it's the perfect color for highlighter.

6. Correction Tapes / Correction Fluid -  Mine is correction tapes because my school doesn't allow correction fluids and I think it's easier and quicker to use. If you choose to have correction tapes, my tip is to buy one that can be refilled because it's more cheap that way. For you who choose correction fluid, I suggest to buy one that dries quickly. 

7. Colorful Markers - Colors can give a 'cheerful' feelings for your notes. Choose various colors for your markers, but remember to not buy ones with the same color as your pens. It is good to choose your favorite colors. It doesn't need to be bright like highlighters, but pick one that can be read easily. I do not suggest yellow for markers because it'll be hard to read.  My markers' color are tosca, hot pink, and pastel purple. I just love the combination of them. 

8. Mini Stapler - If your teachers often give you exercise / notes paper like my teachers, this will be really useful. You can use regular stapler too if you want, but I think the mini version that can fit into your pencil case is the best.

9. Drawing Pen(s) - If you like drawing and doodling in your school free time as much as I do, you've got to make room for at least one drawing pen in your pencil case. Mine is size 0.2 and it's nice because it's not too bold or too thin.

10. USB Flash Drive - Really important to save soft copy of your school presentation, projects, etc. You can buy one with cute design, but I like to say that tiny ones are better as they can fit easily into your pencil case without taking too much space.

What's in my Pencil Case ^^
It may look small but my pencil case can really actually contain so much things :D

3. A Planner 


To keep track of your schedules, homework, assignments, and tests date you need an agenda / planner. I do suggest to get small one (about A5 / B5 size) so it doesn't take many spaces in your backpack.

Tips :
1. Don't be lazy to write tests date, homework, or assignments because if you do, there's a change you will forget them.
2. Try to write as neatly as you can. 
3. Use colored pens / markers for important things.
4. Use stickers if you want. This will make your planner look more colorful and fun to read.
5. Make checklist of the things you must do.
6. Leave several pages for doodling (in case you got bored ^^). This will also make the planner more interesting.

4. Large Binder(s) + Binder Dividers


In some schools binders are needed for each subjects, but in my school we don't really need any binder at all. But I like to be organize when I store my papers. I usually put them away after the semester ends. I have 2 large binders, one for my school subjects and one for my course subjects (although I think I will need 2 more next semester). I always buy binders with cute colors instead of the ordinary dark blue, white, or black. Binder dividers are also essential unless you want to have one binder for each subjects. I also recommend getting those binder pockets if don't want to make holes on your paper.

My Large Binder decorated with sticker ^^)

Binder pockets

5. Notebooks / Small Binder for notes


You can use regular or spiral books for notebooks. If your teacher allows it, you can even use a small (about A5 / B5 size) binder for notes. It's more efficient because you can put many subjects in one binder and just divide them with the dividers. You should listen to your teacher's demands though. If they say that the books may be submitted sometimes, you better use regular notebooks.

My Cute Notebooks 

6. Folder 


Unlike the large binders I use my folder to bring all the important papers to school. The binders are at my home and they are just to store papers which I don't have to bring to school. My favorite type of folder is a clear book with 10 to 20 pockets. It is very efficient as it can hold many papers and I can use each pockets for each subjects so I don't need any dividers.

My Clear Book (also decorated with stickers)

7. Calculators (if allowed)


You've got to make sure this is allowed, because some school didn't allow calculators. My tip is to buy a scientific one with complete function. You don't have to actually put your calculator in your pencil case, but if your pencil case is big enough, it will be better to put it inside.

My Calculator

8. Some Cute Stationery


Having colorful cute stationery are very useful in school. They can brighten up your mood. But don't buy just anything cute without seeing the purpose. My suggestion for stationery to bring to school are : scissors, sticky notes, and paper clips. You can choose ones with cute or colorful designs. 

Stationery : Frog Scissors, Animal Paper Clip, Cute Sticky Notes


Well, that's it for my high school supplies list. Hope you guys find it useful! Thanks for reading :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top