Spring in Seoul 🌾

April is here and it means spring is coming! 😃


Spring in South Korea is actually a very pleasant time of the year (aside from the high level of fine dust 😅). The weather is starting to get a bit warmer and the flowers are blooming in various parts of the country. In Seoul particularly, there are some places where you can see spring flowers blooming beautifully such as Seoul Grand Park, Seoul Forest, Namsan Park, Gyeongbuk Palace, Changdeok Palace, Kyunghee University and many more. 

{On side note, I considered myself lucky as Ewha also have spring flowers blooming all over the campus. It makes the beautiful campus even prettier 😁}

Apart from those places above, I want to highlight two of Seoul's well-known Spring Festivals which are Yeouido Spring Flowers Festival and Seokchon Lake Cherry Blossom Festival. I went to both last year and they were great! On these festivals you can view lots and lots of spring flowers and enjoy various events and fun things to do. Do note that these festivals is usually crowded so it's not the place if you want to take pictures without other people in it. On the other hand, I think the crowds and all of the events in these festivals makes them more fun and enjoyable. 

Yeouido Spring Flowers Festivals 


Yeouido Spring Flower Festival

It was mid April, I thought spring was finally arriving but I was sooo wrong. The weather was around11 degrees that day and the wind was blowing really hard. However, that cold weather didn't stop me and my friends from enjoying the full bloom of cherry blossoms at Yeouido Spring Flower festivals.

Pretty Flowers 🌾

It was the first time I saw cherry blossoms (aside from Ewha) and it was amazing! All the trees are in full bloom as they lined up along the Han river. It was a very lovely sight! If only the weather was friendlier. . . I was looking forward to wearing a dress since it supposed to be spring and all but in the end I chose to wear my sweater, heat-tech trousers and coat to kept myself alive! 😂 And I'm so glad I ended up didn't wear the dress because it was super cold that day!

Loving the pink vibes! (plus the bubbles 💗)

Nevertheless, the cherry blossoms were very very pretty and I really enjoyed the events and festival vibes!

Yeouido Spring Flowers Festival
Event Date:
5 - 11 April 2019
Location:
Road alongside Yeouido Park and Yeouiso-ro (back of the National Assembly Building)
How to get there:
(Subway)
National Assembly Station (Line 9) Exit 1 or 6 - walk around 5 minutes
Yeouinaru Subway Station (Line 5) Exit 1 - walk around 20 minutes
(Bus)
Bus is definitely more complex than the subway (especially for a foreigner) but you can use NaverMap app and search for Yeongdeungpo Yeouido Bom Flower Festival. The app will provide a more detailed route on which bus to take. Some bus will have a sign that shows the bus is going to the spring flower festival


Seokchon Lake Cherry Blossom Festival



Seokchon Lake Cherry Blossom Festival

Seokchon Lake is quite far from Ewha Womans University. I went with some friends and we have to take a +/- 1 hour subway ride to get there but I'm determined to see more cherry blossoms!



It was already late April the time and the cherry blossoms are starting to fade but still the vibes at Seokchon Lake Cherry Blossom Festival was very nice! Thankfully it was a sunny day when I went there. Perfect weather to stroll around the lake and enjoy the festival. There were also an open air market where they sell various craft items as well. 

Lotte World Castle makes the scenery extra pretty 🏰
Lotte World Tower through the branches
Sweet & fluffy cotton candy!

There weren't much cherry blossoms left at Seokchon Lake at that time but me and my friends still had a really nice time. We got some nice photos, see Lotte World Castle and Lotte World Tower and even bought a cotton candy for photo prop 😄!

Seokchon Lake Cherry Blossom Festival
Date:
6 - 13 April 2019
Location:
Seokchon Lake Area (near Lotte World & Lotte World Tower)
How to get there:
(Subway)
Jamsil Station (Line 2 and 8) Exit 2 or 10 - walk around 10 minutes to Seokchon Lake


Overall my first spring experience was a very memorable one. My biggest impression was: THE FLOWERS ARE SOO PRETTY! I really like all the pink vibes going throughout spring. If only the weather was a bit warmer and the fine dust levels are a bit lower it would've been perfect! Next time I visited S. Korea in Spring, would definitely try going to other places like Jeju and Jinhae to see more beautiful spring flowers.


That's all for this post! Thanks for reading!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top