DIY : Washi Tape Phone Case

Hi! So I come up with my second DIY post before I actually finished my first Travel Diary (like I promised in my previous post) hihi. It still hard for me to write the full experience of my trip but still understandable and not too boring or too much. I'm writing the post over and over again but I can't find myself satisfied with my writing.

Anyway I'm writing this post instead because recently I got interested on making tutorial videos like the ones that vlogger does and this is actually my first attempt to make one for my new Youtube channel - I finally make one after years ^^

Sooo. . . for my first tutorial video (and also my 2nd DIY post), I decided to do a very simple, easy and quick DIY to style up your mobile phone case.



The idea came to me after I got myself some cute washi tapes that I love sooo much from my trip to Bandung recently. I always like to buy craft supplies despite sometimes I don't even know how or where to use them. Haha. But these days I'm determined to be creative and actually use my washi tapes because otherwise they would be a waste. And just in time, I just started to get bored with my phone case.

So, my current phone case is actually a simple tosca green jelly case. I bought it a couple months ago when my previous phone case (which was a customized one) started to change color from transparent to yellowish. I actually liked my previous phone case because it got this cute Nutella jar with my name printed on it :D The case was extremely nice and I like it because it is personalized until it started to turn yellow on the edges. That was when I decided that I needed a new case. Finally, I bought my current case and use it for around 3-4 months before it started to get dirty and boring for me. So I think why not decorate my current phone case with the washi tapes? Its a great way of turning my standard tosca green case into a more customized one rather than just buy another case and I can finally use my new washi tapes as well. So lets begin the DIY :)

You'll need :

1. Phone case
Its better to use transparent or plain case with only 1 or 2 colors because if the case has pattern on it, it will be difficult to decorate them without being too much.
I bought my phone case from Tokopedia and it was a Mercury Goospery Jelly Case. I personally think that this brand is pretty nice because they got a lot of nice color selection. Plus they are pretty hard for a jelly case so I wouldn't have to be worried in case my phone bump into something. In simple term, its like having a soft hard case so it felt like the case is soft but it still protect your phone perfectly.

2. Washi Tapes
I use MT Washi Tapes and like I said before, I bought them at Bandung - Toko Ini Itu (Koloni 108) to be exact. Actually, I've never use any other washi tape brands than MT but they are pretty good for me and I think they also have a reputation to be a good washi tape brand. They also have a lot selection of colors & patterns.
Aside from Koloni 108, in Indonesia, I think you can buy washi tapes online or in Gramedia (they sells Scotch washi tapes). I haven't found any store in Jakarta that sells MT washi tapes but I'm sure there are some. If any of you have found MT washi tapes sold in Jakarta, please let me know by commenting down below ^^

3. Scissors 

Steps :

1. Clean your phone case with some tissues or a piece of cloth

This step will make the washi tape sticks better on the case surface.

2. Decide the shape / pattern you want to make on your case

I chose to make a simple one by placing my washi tapes diagonally along the center of my case. I use the gold stripes, black & silver stripes, and the black & white polkadots washi tapes. You can make your own design or shape. It is really up to your preferences. Just be creative with it :D

3. Paste the washi tapes according to your design on the case leaving some excess on either sides

Place them carefully to they stick without wrinkles. My tips is to stick them from one side (left or right) first then pull them tightly to the other side. This will make them stick perfectly without wrinkles.

4. Fold the excess tape on both sides to the inside part of the case

This will make your case look more neat rather than just sticking the tapes on the outer side. If the excess are too long, you can cut them first before folding them inside.

5. Your customized washi tape case is done! 



I buy the materials for this DIY from these places:

Mercury Goospery phone case
www.tokopedia.com

MT washi tape
Koloni 108 - Toko Ini Itu
Jl. Ciumbuleuit No. 108
Bandung, Jawa Barat



P.S : It will mean a lot to me if you're willing to like my video & subscribe my channel! (just if you want to though) ^^

Thanks for reading!


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. As soon as you purchase mobile does iPhone 13 pro max case fit iPhone 12 pro max of any brand, your first requirement is to purchase the mobile phone cases. These cases are essential because they can offer protection to your mobiles against any kind of damage and any kind of tears and wears.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top